You guys, I can’t believe it… I am 25-years-old.
Um, wow. The funny thing is, is that I don’t actually feel old. But I will say that I learned so much about myself within this past year. Actually, that’s an understatement. I’ve grown in astronomical ways. And it’s funny because when my 24th birthday came around, I knew, somewhere deep down inside of me that this would be a year of growth for me. But I never expected it to be what it was.
I’m going to get real with ya’ll for a second. This year was all about change, and handling so many changes at once got very overwhelming for me. I had changes in my job, my love life, and with those around me. I had days of intense stress, days when I just needed a time out, and days that proved that the person behind the Instagram account is actually a human being.
My faith was tested. A lot. But everyday I reminded myself of God’s grace and promises and clung to them tightly.
“For I know the plans I have for you (declares the Lord), plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”- Jeremiah 29:11.
I reminded myself constantly throughout the day that Jesus has everything under control, always.
But there were also really amazing things that happened this year. And Heaven-forbid I put anything before her… and you know what I mean. I got my pup-in-crime, Valencia…who will definitely be updating her corner of the blog soon. Don’t you worry!
I also started my Etsy business Healing Hail Mary’s where I sell handmade rosaries. I made rosary beads for my grandma’s birthday and I thought that making a business out of it would be fun! Actually… I need to update my inventory soon. Oops.
Another exciting thing was finding out that my Mom is taking me to Italy in the fall! Guys, I AM SO EXCITED! Not only is Italy the #1 place on my bucket list, but I have never been to Europe before. Like, ever. I am learning Italian and it’s actually a lot of fun. Side note: If you’ve ever been there, I need souvenir ideas! I have a few in mind, but I need to know the things that I should make sure I bring home with me.
Okay, two more exciting things: One is that I started my ASMR channel, which I did a blog post on a few months ago and slowly (but surely) my subscribers are climbing 🙂 The other thing is that I started discerning the Secular Carmelite Order. I made a booboo in my blog post about it… I called it the Third Order of Carmel, but it’s called the Secular Carmelite Order. Whoops. I have one more guest visit to go, weee!!!
Now, before I go, wanted to say that I really want to work on connecting with you guys this next year. So to do that, I thought it would be fun if I shared 25 things you may have not known about me…and then I want you all to share a few things about yourself in the comments. So, here we go:
- I am afraid of the dark.
- I LOVE macaroni and cheese. Even though pizza is my favorite food, I cannot get enough macaroni and cheese. <3
- When I was little, I wanted to go into space–and I still do.
- If I could do one thing knowing that I would not fail, I would go skydiving. Even though I know you are strapped on to a professional jumper, I have a MAJOR fear of both the main and back parachutes not opening up.
- I think caramel and candy corn are gross. Especially candy corn. Throw it in the trash.
- I’m a LifeTime movie junkie.
- My favorite snack food is popcorn. Either butter, cheddar, or kettle corn.
- I don’t drink coffee.
- My favorite TV show is Everybody Loves Raymond. I own the entire series on disc and binge watch from time-to-time.
- I had dreams of living in NYC, but now I really don’t want to! I go to the city as often as I can to explore, but I’m a suburbian, Jersey girl.
- Every fall my mom buys mums (chrysanthemums) and I don’t get the point of them, nor do I get the point of house plants. I’m more into flowers like sunflowers, roses, and tulips.
- I love St. Therese of Lisieux!
- Kate Middleton is my favorite style icon.
- I’m not a fan of the color green. I think I have one green clothing item in my wardrobe.
- My favorite Bible verse comes from Galatians, but my favorite book is James. My favorite gospel is Luke.
- I love cookie dough ice cream.
- Purple is my favorite color.
- I think candy corn is disgusting.
- I still have two baby teeth. I don’t have any adult teeth under them.
- I have a few pet peeve but I think my biggest one is when plans that I am really looking forward to get cancelled. Even if it’s snowed-out. I feel so bummed.
- I am an ambivert, meaning I have both introverted and extroverted qualities.
- I have never watched an episode of Games of Thrones and I don’t plan to.
- I am a hugger! It’s my favorite way to greet people, to say goodbye, to congratulate someone, ect…
- The Bachelorette/Bachelor is my guilty pleasure.
- I love to get dressed up!
Before I go, I wanted to share some of my favorite things from being 24! Photos, quotes, and moments.
What are some unique, fun, or interesting things about you? Let me know below!!!