Before I get into this post, HAPPY NEW YEAR! I know it’s a few days late, but as they say, “365 days, 365 new chances.”
How are you planning to spend yours?
A few weeks ago, before I went on a blogging break, I wrote a post about how to create resolutions and even what mine are. But I had some time to reflect and I have somewhat re-adjusted my list, just a little bit. This post may seem a bit redundant, and it is, but I promise you it’s a tad different 🙂
- Go to Italy: Aside from turning 25 this year (HOW?!?!?!), the highlight of this year will be my trip to Italy with my Momma! I AM SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!! So, not only am I learning Italian, but I am researching what the culture is like so that I don’t look like such a tourist when I am there. I am researching what they wear, and what to pack (and not to pack). Yeah, it’s a little early, but I’m just really excited. And to be honest, the trip will be here before I know it! I’m also checking out places to go, religious sites to see, and what types of souvenirs I should buy.
- New job: You guys know that I have been out of work for a few months. I was ready for something new, but when I left, it was approaching the holiday season, so I decided to spend some time just thinking about what I want to do with my life. I have already sent out some applications and I am praying over what God has in store for me.
- Blogging: My goal is to have two posts up per week. But of course, once in a while I may slip-up, or even post more. So I am learning to be easy on myself. Yes, I should push myself, but I have a new acronym I am living by: GYG. Give Yourself Grace. Of course grace is from God, but what I mean by this is to recognize that we aren’t perfect people. Be patient with yourself, and don’t beat yourself up when you fall off track, no matter how much that is. Just take a second to come up with a tackle plan, and try it again!
- Personal well-being: Self-care is a huge theme for me this year, and I have a lot of wonderful elements to it. Everyday I am stretching and then doing a one-minute plank. I’m also trying to get to the gym four days per week, but if I miss a day, I will have the plank anyway! (But that isn’t an excuse to not go.) I also am trying to eat at least one really healthy meal a day, but so far, I’ve been eating all healthy meals. Another trick is that I am cutting down on my bread consumption. So if I have bread in the morning, then I don’t eat it for lunch or dinner. Protein shakes also have been really good, especially after a work out! And lastly, my spiritual life is getting a good shake up. I’m trying to have at least 10 minutes of devotional time when I wake up and go to sleep, as well as praying the rosary every day. Oh, and before we move on, weekly bubble baths are also a new thing for me. I am trying to aim for Wednesday bubble baths.
- Catholic Link: While I love to run this blog (and will always continue it), I also write for the site Catholic Link. I am aiming to write one post for them per month, and maybe even share some of my posts on here.
- Reading: I miss reading often, so my goal is to read at least one book per month. I am starting to explore Good Reads to track my progress throughout the year.
- Projects: I have a few projects for this year. One being to re-do my family’s fold-out tree. I received a family history book compiled by my grandfather’s step-mother, but the pages are starting to get rusty, so to speak. So I want to make a new one that is easier to read and that will be passed down. I also want to get my photos organized and put together a baking book of my favorite recipes.
What are your goals for this new year? Let me know below! xoxoxo.