I’ve started to realize just how important it is to have personal time. With a massive to-do list, and maybe even a couple of kids, it’s easy to stop taking care of yourself. Whether it’s mental or physical care, your health needs to be a top priority and most times, it falls to the bottom of our list. Of course it’s important to take care of yourself year-round, but why not use this season of love and thankfulness to start showing yourself some care?
Here are 22 ways to have some “me time”.
- Take a bubble bath
- Cook for fun
- Give yourself a manicure/pedicure
- Give yourself a facial
- Go for a drive
- Write in your journal
- Play an instrument
- Watch a movie
- Watch an episode (or more) of your favorite show
- Take a nap (even 10 minutes is great!)
- Light a candle or turn on an essential oils machine and just sit in silence
- Get a massage
- Write yourself a letter about all of your accomplishments and all of the GOOD qualities you have
- Create a piece of art
- Listen to music and have a dance party
- Go through your wardrobe and put together new outfits
- Go to a garden and buy flowers to create the perfect bouquet for your home
- Go for a swim at your local indoor pool
- Play with your pet
What’s your favorite way to have some personal time? Let me know in the comments below.